At Sachar Dental, we are very passionate about supporting students who would like to pursue a career in the dental field and helping them reach their goals. Our dental team would not have achieved success without education. We are pleased to offer the Annual Sachar Dental scholarship because we believe we are investing in the future of dentistry.
Sachar Dental is a cosmetic dentistry, family dentistry, and restorative dentistry practice located in Midtown Manhattan. Our dental team is excited about developing long term relationships with our patients and ensuring they receive the best dental care and treatment available.
Who is Eligible?
The $1,000 dental scholarship essay contest is open to anyone in the United States who is pursuing post-secondary education in the dental field. Proof of enrollment is required. A check for the full amount will be made payable to the recipient’s school, college, or university and the student will be expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
We are looking for essays that consist of approximately 800-1,000 words.
Essays should be emailed to scholarships@SacharDental.com, or mailed to the address below, and include a completed Sachar Dental Annual Scholarship Application:
Attention: Dental Scholarship Entry
20 E. 46th St #1301
New York, NY 10017
- Applicants must provide proof of identity and school enrollment.
- Applicant must include a link to their Facebook or Twitter profile.
- Application must be emailed or postmarked by September 1, 2017. (No exceptions!) A decision will be rendered and a winner will be notified by September 15, 2017.
What to Write
We want to know how you believe you plan to use your dental degree or certification to enhance the dental field. Here are a few ideas/suggestions, but feel free to be creative and come up with your own essay topic as long as it relates to the field of dentistry.
- A personal story about you or someone you know who has had their life changed for the better because of cosmetic, dental, or preventative dentistry treatments.
- A dental campaign that you’ve been involved in and what impact the campaign made on the community or audience it was aimed at.
- An article about why preventative care is so important and the effect of dental neglect.
- Ideas to make the dental experience more comfortable for people who may actually fear visiting the dentist.
Please do not call or email us or submit anything through our website. We will only accept submissions that have been emailed or mailed with the Sachar Dental Annual Scholarship Application. Once we have received your application, we will send you an email confirming receipt.
One (1) essay will be chosen based upon quality and content. The winning entry will be published on our blog and promoted throughout our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn). By submitting your entry, you are giving up all rights to the piece and granting us permission to reprint and publish the piece at our discretion. We will also request a photograph of the winner to use on our social media channels when we announce the winner.
We can’t wait to read your entries!