One of the services offered at Sachar Dental is Invisalign clear aligners. While most people might think of braces with the more traditional brackets, rubber bands, wiring and night gear, Invisalign is a clear orthodontic device that is barely noticeable.
Patients may come to our Invisalign dentist in Manhattan seeking to straighten crooked teeth, correct an overbite or underbite, or close a gap in their mouth, but they don’t want the appearance of braces or constant dental appointments for adjustments to interfere with their busy professional or personal life. That’s when we recommend the advantages of Invisalign clear aligners. Here is how Invisalign works and what you can expect:
- Make sure you look for a dental professional like Dr. Sandip Sachar who has completed the specialized instruction to fit the clear aligners properly and make your Invisalign experience a positive one.
- Our dentist will perform a thorough examination and discuss your health history to determine if you are a good candidate for Invisalign.
- We then use 3-D computerized imaging to prepare a treatment plan that starts with the current position of your teeth and ends with a newer, more attractive smile. There are no messy trays needed to create impressions.
- Using the treatment plan, various sets of thermoplastic aligners are created which easily fit over your natural teeth. You start by wearing the first set, and advance to the next set after about two weeks.
- You will notice that your teeth are gradually and gently moving into their desired new position to reach your goal of having a better smile.
- At the end of your treatment plan, retainers may be needed to stabilize your teeth in their new position.
How Invisalign works and what you can expect
Invisalign patients can expect to be evaluated in our office every one to two months, unless you are having a dental emergency. Although treatment times vary based on individual needs and goals, most patients experience astonishing results in as little as 9-15 months.
You will wear your Invisalign clear aligners all day and while you sleep, but remove them when eating. Be sure you still brush and floss your teeth regularly, rinse your aligners before returning them to your mouth, and give them a thorough cleaning every night. As you wear Invisalign you might feel a pressure against your teeth. This is natural because we are trying to reposition teeth in your mouth. Let us know if the pain becomes excessive.
Most people won’t even notice that you are wearing Invisalign unless they are looking very closely at your teeth! Call us today at 212-752-1163 to schedule a no-cost/no-obligation consultation to determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign clear aligners.
Sachar Dental is a cosmetic dentistry, family dentistry, and restorative dentistry practice conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan at 20 East 46th Street Suite 1301 and Fifth Avenue, just a short distance from Grand Central Station, Bryant Park, the Diamond District, and Rockefeller Center. Dr. Sandip Sachar has been recognized as one of “America’s Top Dentists” and is known as one of the foremost cosmetic dentists in Manhattan, Visit our website at https://sachardental.com to see our new patient specials.